This is my Photo Blog detailing my adventures into the world. From exploring the waterfalls, mountains, and the beauty that is Western North Carolina, urban exploration, to anywhere my lens takes me across the country. Also visit my site The Digital Mirage

Adorama "TechTock" interview with The Digital Mirage's Walter Arnold

Adorama's Jack Howard (Author of "Practical HDRi") interviews me about my photography, techniques, workflow and other tips and tricks.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Raven Rock Falls / Eastatoe Falls 07/19 - 07/20/2008

Spent the weekend exploring some new waterfalls in Western NC, I spent an hour shooting Eastatoe falls before I realized that I was shooting in ISO 6400 mode and had to reshoot everything :( (I was playing around with night time shots the previous evening).

I've been trying really hard to pull back on the HDR processing so as not to get too much oversaturation or unrealistic results. The HDRs are all 9 shot RAWs processed in Photomatix Pro 3 and adjusted in CS3. All taken with a Nikon d300 and Sigma 10-20mm except for the last 2 which were on a 18-200mm lens. Hope you enjoy.

Raven Rock Falls HDRs: This was my first time to Raven Rock Falls. It is north of Lake Toxaway off Cold Mtn Rd. It was a short hike down to the falls, passing under rocky overhangs and other areas much suited to snakes and the like! The falls area was beautiful and a perfect area to just sit and reflect, which is just what I did between shots!


I was able to climb (somewhat safely) up the falls about halfway. The bedrock was beautiful and had plant life and moss growing all around.


Eastatoe Falls HDRs: Went back to one of my favorite falls in the area to get some more shots.


Eastatoe Falls "Eye of the Vine":


While shooting at Eastatoe Falls I looked up and noticed some bug eaten leaves with some beautiful diffuse light shining through that I had to capture (non HDR :) )




No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, NC, United States
Check out my professional photography site at The Digital Mirage I post also my photos over at Flickr! Check them out

Stats